What do I need to go on cover?
You will need a;

  • Fully Completed Proposal Form
  • Copy of Private Car Insurance Certificate
  • Utility Bill
  • A Drivers Licence is only required if driver is over 75 years of age, if they have a medical condition or if any driver has a full EU licence (licences other the UK or Irish licences must be verified in an Axa office)

If converted;

  • DOE or CVRT or Engineers Report Form (if less than 15 years old DOE or CVRT will suffice)
  • Photographs of all four sides of the exterior and the interior of the Campervan including photos of the sink, two ring cooker, the gas bottle with at least two straps around it and a clear photo of the walkway from the living area into the driving area.
  • MOT sufficient for Northern Ireland Customers

* If camper was professionally converted no need for photos.

If manufactured;

  • A DOE or CVRT is only required if Camper is older than 15 years. However every Camper must have a DOE or CVRT by law.
  • MOT sufficient for Northern Ireland Customers

Definition of a Camper:
The camper should contain a table, sleeping accommodation, cooking facilities and storage facilities where the equipment shall be rigidly fixed to the living compartment (with the exception of the tablewhich may be designed to be easily removable). There must be an internal height of no less than 1.8metres.

What are the Age Restrictions for insuring a Camper?
Anyone over the age of 25 with a full clean drivers licence can be insured on a camper policy. If over the age of 75 a copy of the drivers licence will be needed.

How do I make a claim?
AXA deal with all Camper claims directly. You can contact Axa claims on;
If calling from Republic of Ireland 1890 247 365 (If abroad 00353 1 858 3200)
If calling from Northern Ireland 03458 282823 (If abroad 0044 3458 282823)

What are the Breakdown Assistance numbers?
The breakdown assistance numbers are;
If calling from Republic of Ireland 1800 333 393 (If abroad 00353 906 486335)
If calling from Northern Ireland 0845 8734435 (If abroad 00353 906486335)

What countries am I covered to drive my Camper in?
The continent of Europe which includes any country in or outside Europe whose Green Card Bureau is a member of the Council of Bureaux in London.

These countries are as follows;
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and the Vatican City.

Countries where prior notification is required by AXA before visiting and green card must be issued; Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Israel, Morocco, F.Y.R.O.M., Romania, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine.