Campervan Insurance Frequently asked Questions

Get A Quote

Get A Quote

Our policies are specially designed for Campervan enthusiasts living in Ireland and Northern Ireland.

Learn More

Important Documents

Important Documents

A list of important campervan documents form Camper Schemes, Additional Drivers and Policy Booklets.

Learn More

AXA deal with all Camper claims directly. You can contact Axa claims on;
If calling from Republic of Ireland 0818 227 227 (If abroad 00353 1 858 3200)
If calling from Northern Ireland 03458 282823 (If abroad 0044 3458 282823)

You can view all important Campervan Documents on Our Important Documents Page here

Our policies are specially designed for Campervan enthusiasts living in Ireland and Northern Ireland. To get a quote, simply visit our "Get a Quote page here" and a member of Our Camper Team will be in touch as soon as possible.

Anyone over the age of 25 with a full clean drivers licence can be insured on a camper policy. If over the age of 75 a copy of the drivers licence will be needed.

If calling from Republic of Ireland 0818 736524 (If abroad 00353 906 486335)
If calling from Northern Ireland 0845 8734435 (If abroad 00353 906486335)

The continent of Europe which includes any country in or outside Europe whose Green Card Bureau is a member of the Council of Bureaux in London.

These countries are as follows;
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and the Vatican City.

The following countries are NOT covered and Axa will not provide cover when travelling to the following countries Albania, Israel, Iran, Morocco, Russia, Tunisia, Turkey and Ukraine

You may submit a request to make a change to your policy by going to our "Submit A Policy Change". Please note, no changes are in force until confirmed by a member of the Campervan team.

You will need a;

  • Fully Completed Proposal Form
  • Copy of Private Car Insurance Certificate
  • Utility Bill
  • A Drivers Licence is only required if driver is over 75 years of age, if they have a medical condition, if any driver has a full EU licence (licences other the UK or Irish licences must be verified in an Axa office) or if the campervan is your primary vehicle.

If converted;

  • CVRT or Engineers Report Form from a Main/ Dealer SIMI garage (see our New Business Pack)
  • Photographs of all four sides of the exterior and the interior of the Campervan including photos of the sink, two ring cooker, the gas bottle with at least two straps around it and a clear photo of the walkway from the living area into the driving area.
  • MOT sufficient for Northern Ireland Customers

If manufactured;

  • CVRT is only required if Camper is 15 years or older. However every Camper must have a CVRT by law.
  • MOT sufficient for Northern Ireland Customers

Definition of a Camper:
The camper should contain a table, sleeping accommodation, cooking facilities and storage facilities where the equipment shall be rigidly fixed to the living compartment (with the exception of the table which may be designed to be easily removable). There must be an internal height of no less than 1.8metres.

In order to add an additional driver to your Campervan Insurance policy, you are required to fill in a 'Camper Additional Drivers Form' which you can download here.

Yes you can. In order to renew your Campervan Insurance, you just need your Client Code and Vehicle Registration on hand. Once you have that, visit the "Renew My Campervan Policy" page, fill in your details and the month your policy is up for renewal and follow the instructions to renew your policy.

Prefer to Talk to Us? Call: 01 867 2121

Finding your information
Please wait